Mechanical Design Engineer - West Sussex - £40000-43000pa
Our client based in Sussex require a Mechanical Design Engineer with proven experience in a design role in an industrial environment.
Ideally you will have relevant design experience with sheet metal work / electro/mechanical machinery / special purpose machinery for mechanical handling processes.
- Mechanical design for the integration of equipment and other products, using CAD programmes.
- Compiling parts lists and maintaining drawing records following the strict technical office procedures without deviation.
- To offer a practical approach - working with our team of assembly and test technicians as required.
- To offer creative thinking within cost and time restraints.
- The ability to work on several projects simultaneously meeting tight deadlines.
- Respond quickly to internal and external customer requests.
- Maintain a well-organised working area.
- Visits to customer sites both in the UK and overseas as necessary to gain engineering information.
- Liaising with customers to ensure adequate flow of information for orders acknowledged, service requirements related to problems, and any other issues as requested.
- To provide practical and cost effective solutions to design change and modification for individual order requirements.
- Controlling the issue level on BOMs
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain quotations using detailed drawings.
- Provision of technical support to customers and internal sales/service departments.
Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
Experience of a Design Software (e.g. 2D: AutoCAD, 3D: Inventor, Solid Works, Catia or equivalent)
Recent experience of design engineering work
Provide practical, creative and cost effective solutions to design change / modification
Must be free to travel worldwide with no restrictions
Salary from £40000pa plus healthcare cover, pension & life assurance.
Please call Steve Read at Search Technical for more details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.