We have a really strong client based just outside Glasgow looking for a CAD Engineer with a Mechanical qualification
Salary anywhere between £38 and £45k DOE and some really good benefits including binus, holidays and flexible working.
Working within the Marine Industry, they need someone self motivated and energetic to join the client for a long term career and not a stop gap.
* Observe and implement the quality system of the company
* Create drawings according to project specifications
* Produce accurate drawings, maintaining a consistent high standard within planned timescales
* Update and modify existing drawings
* Provide technical support to internal departments
* Prepare working and drawings plans, detailed drawings and complete mechanical or electrical drawings
* Prepare drawings from notes, verbal instructions and detailed or rough sketches
* Prepare specifications and make adjustments in drawings
* Contribute to the development of departmental procedures, standards and training
* Work with a variety of equipment design
* Occasional travel as required
* You may be asked from time to time to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position.
* HND / HNC in mechanical engineering (or similar)
* Proficient with Autodesk suite or similar industry standard software
* Minimum 4 years of draughting experience
* Proven experience in maritime / offshore sector in the areas of structural drawings and P&IDs (a sample of work will be required)
* Mature knowledge with 3D modelling software (Inventor, Solid works, Rhino, etc.)
* Attention to detail
* Actively working towards the role of Senior / Principle CAD Engineer
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.