The Manufacturing Operative role carries out a number of tasks within the manufacturing area including: Dispensing, Collation and Blending of the powdered raw materials.
Key areas of accountability & responsibility
· Operation of production equipment in adherence to Company safety policy, rules and procedures, working within WISE (Working In a Safe Environment) framework, ensuring Safe Behaviour at all times
· Identify and report health or safety hazards & dangerous situations and put appropriate control measures in place, raising safety contacts where unsafe acts or practices are identified.
· Carry out risk assessment as appropriate
· Coordinate audits for good housekeeping/5S and complete follow-up actions / proactive approach to 'Clean as you go'
· Operation of production equipment, in compliance with GMP and HACCP guidelines and procedures.
· Ensure full adherence to quality procedures such as Critical Control Points, processes and standards in line with Quality Management System (QMS) & Danone Quality Food Standards
· To perform and record in-process checks to verify that all products produced meet product standards, maintain a clean workstation by employing a clean and you go mentality and maintain the highest standard of right first time.
· Responsible for maximizing production quality and output in their area
· Perform product visual quality checks
· Fully accountable for completion of documentation standards (inputs / scanning into MES system)
· Ensure the manufacture of product to specification at right time & cost ensuring Right First Time approach.
· Responsible for ensuring the maximized output is achieved in area, through performing AM checks, employing SMED principles, 5S and prioritising workload
· Responsible for driving direct and indirect KPI's
· Anticipate problems in order to avoid impact to customer service.
· Proactive and flexible approach to routine Continuous Improvement though delivery of Kaizans and employing the "100 year fix" approach
· Pro-actively problem solve
· Responsible for the output in their area
· Empowered to drive continuous improvement activities within area, challenging processes and procedures to drive improvement to 'World Class'.
· Communicate and be an effective team player
· Responsible for the operation of production equipment, in compliance with health and safety, GMP and best-practice guidelines and procedures
· Completing line product changeovers
· Ability to rotate between different areas within Manufacturing eg Dispensing, Collation, Blending, Packing Lines
· Drive hygiene standards and to comply with the business procedures for waste disposal
Functional competencies and previous experience:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.