To support and facilitate the scientific work on site by providing key stock replenishment, waste collection and lab services support in safe and efficient manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Fulfil material, equipment and stock requests for laboratory areas.
- Ensure that stock rooms are replenished.
- Deliver received items to the order originator / storage location.
- Ensure the safe removal of hazardous waste from laboratory areas and movement for onward processing in line with site procedures.
- Re-fill laboratory solvent wash bottles.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness of areas and report any cleaning needs to the Materials Management Team Leader, DGSA & Site Waste Coordinator
- Collect dirty lab coats and replenish with clean ones.
- Ensure that all the Department's plant and equipment is maintained and that any discrepancies are reported to the Materials Management Team Leader, DGSA & Site Waste Coordinator immediately.
Additional Positional Requirements
- The role requires meticulous attention to detail and for all work to be conducted strictly in accordance with company Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work efficiently and tidily such that work is carried out in a well-planned and organised way and timely manner.
- Follow all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training.
- Responsible to report all near misses, incidents and accidents.
- Responsible to maintain own training file.
- Ensure that any operating practice or instrument defect, which may affect safety at work, is brought to the attention of Management.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please don't hesitate to apply and a member of our team will be in touch soon to discuss the position further with you!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.