Our industry leading client is looking for a Materials Management Shipping administrator to join their exciting business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As the primary client-facing shipping contact, liaise with project leads to arrange collections with the relevant third-party logistics partner.
- Ensure top-class service in addition to a fast, streamlined and compliant shipping process including all all related administrative duties.
- Submit import instructions to shipping agents in order to clear items, ensuring that Finance have the necessary information to pay duties and taxes. Ensure all alerts to be dealt with within one hour.
- Drive improvements of shipping practices and processes.
- Assist with project material ordering, ensuring that all received requests are placed the same day, and that all administrative duties relating to purchasing activities are performed.
- Support the flow of project materials into the business and through the approval aspect of theQMS in the best possible time frame. This will include:
- checking the designated in tray several times per day for any completed GRNs,
- updating all relevant data systems when materials arrive,
- require status updates or are used or wasted ,
- assign locations on a new inventory tracking spreadsheet,
- upload all documentation to the designated location,
- print bulk labels, alerting the project lead that their material has arrived
Additional Position Requirements
- The role requires meticulous attention to detail and for all work to be conducted strictly in accordance with company Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work efficiently and tidily such that work is carried out in a well-planned and organised way and timely manner.
- Follow all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training.
- Responsible to report all near misses, incidents and accidents.
- Responsible to maintain own training file.
- Ensure that any operating practice or instrument defect, which may affect safety at work, is brought to the attention of Management.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you please don't hesitate to apply and one of our team will be in touch to discuss further!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.