I am looking for an experienced professional to join the Operations Team in a knowledge based, science led business in Yorkshire.
As a Technical Specialist you will be responsible for technical oversight of all mass spectrometry related projects. You will be responsible for the project design and writing of proposals.
In this role you will not have direct reports but as a Technical Specialist you will be responsible for mentoring, coordinating and upskilling of your colleagues in your specialist area. Within your role you will also be involved in equipment installation and operations (including capital purchases).
To become a successful Mass Spectrometry Technical Specialist you will need:
* Minimum of MSc (preferably PhD) in analytical chemistry or related scientific field with demonstrated relevant industry experience
* Significant practical experience in developing and validation of complex analytical methods
* Ability to interpret complex data sets from a range of techniques (UHPLC/HPLC, GC, IC, GPC, MS, GC-MS, LC-MS, MS-MS)
* Research skills and experience with using and troubleshooting complex analytical instrumentation
* Experience with working in a highly regulated environment (GMP) and familiarity with good scientific practice
* Project design and proposal writing experience combined with commercial awareness and understanding of the current market
If you believe you have the right experience for this role and would like to find out more about the opportunity, apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.