Award Winning youth charity seeks a Marketing & Communications Manager
RECLAIM is seeking an exceptional marketing and communications professional to support our ambitious and dynamic charity and who has expertise in campaign development and target driven activation.
RECLAIM is a grass-roots value-based organisation, which has young people at its core. They work towards a society in which working class young people are positively seen, authentically heard and can lead meaningful social change.
About the Marketing & Communications Manager Role
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced and energetic Marketing & Communications Manager who can provide specialist marketing and communications advice, support and guidance to teams across the charity, whilst taking the lead on developing, implementing and monitoring a range of communications activities and campaigns.
In this crucial role within the charity you will have the responsibility to market and positively promote RECLAIM, its projects, its staff, and most significantly its young people, to diverse audiences on a regional, national and international scale, utilising a range of communications outlets and media platforms.
With a strong ability to plan robust communications strategies and campaigns, you will work closely with RECLAIM's delivery teams during the planning stage of new projects and initiatives, particularly in support of funding applications or investment pitches, to embed objectives, actions, targets and measures intended to bring maximum exposure to project activities at various stages.
Positive, confident, highly creative and intuitive, you will be skilled in supporting the development of charity fund-raising campaigns and marketing collateral that connects with diverse audiences of prospective donors, investors and partners, with targeted messaging and imagery that is both stimulating and compelling.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development and Strategy, you will be responsible for the line management of our Communications Assistant, as well as volunteers and interns when required, your duties will include but are not limited to:-
- Manage the production of RECLAIM's key marketing and communications collateral
- Profile prospective audiences and create compelling communications through a range of different channels which inspire people to engage with and support the charity at various levels.
- Use a range of creative and contemporary methods to tell RECLAIM's story in a way that captures the attention of busy audiences, e.g. infographics, films, blogs, posters, flyers, brochures, etc
- Develop and manage integrated fund-raising, marketing and communications plans for various projects and campaigns to support income growth and partnership working.
- Ensure that RECLAIM's digital and social media presence is dynamic, with up-to-date content regularly posted to the charity's website and social media messaging scheduled on a frequent basis
- Facilitating campaigns that allow more working class young people to have their voices heard in mainstream media.
- Develop coherent and compelling press releases for the attention of media partners using industry standard formats.
- Produce reports for the Executive Team and Board of Trustees documenting the impact of the campaigns you have delivered in terms of reach and profile, as well as planned and unplanned outcomes.
- Create a content bank and marketing library to ensure that colleagues always have information available to them to sell the charity to potential donors, partners and participants.
- Be the point of contact at RECLAIM for any press or media enquiries and advise the Executive Team on relevant response
Whilst previous experience of working in a Charity is desirable it is not essential. However as the Marketing & Communications Manager you will need to be:-
- Educated to degree level in a relevant or related discipline (communications, marketing, PR) is preferable or equivalent experience
- Evidence of professional development within communications, marketing and PR is highly desirable
- Proven track record of managing the development and implementation of multi-channel campaigns
- Experience of creating content and writing for traditional and digital channels
- Demonstrable talent for creative writing and good storytelling
- Strong analytical skills to assess detailed information/data and translate it into engaging copy
- Sound understanding of more contemporary media technologies
- Experience of commissioning and managing external agencies, including creative and media agencies
- Experience of market research (quantitative and qualitative) in relation to audience insights and concept testing
- Excellent brand knowledge and understanding
For further information about this interesting role, please apply now or contact Sharon at the RECLAIM office in Manchester.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age