We are excited to be working with one of our long standing clients who are now in the position to progress forward with a new addition to their team. Ideally, they would like an experienced Manufacturing Buyer to join their reputable manufacturing company.
Within this role, you will be resp0onsible for purchasing materials, services and product at the best value and quality whilst managing inventory and ensuring availability of stock to aid production levels.
- Reduce supplier quality issues in number and value, and ensure recovery of all rework costs while ensuring continuity of supply; ensuring that quality and audit actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor and improve supplier's performance through regular discussion
- Analyse MRP reports, internal of-line reports, and other sources as necessary to identify purchasing requirements (including for non-MRP items where required); raise / expedite relevant purchase orders as appropriate.
- Control inventory levels of raw materials, and minimise wherever possible to maximise working capital and warehouse space without affecting production; ensure accurate stock positions
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve cost savings whilst ensuring quality and service levels are met.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- MRP knowledge and experience
- CIPS qualification desirable
- Excellent communication and discussion skills
- Working knowledge of inventory and purchasing management
If you would like to discuss this role further, please do not hesitate in getting in touch.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.