Horsforth, West Yorkshire
about 2 months ago
Continuous Development/Manufacturing Engineer Required - Leeds - Permanent - Salary Negotiable Up to £37,500 p/a
We are currently looking to recruit an Asset Performance Continuous Development or Manufacturing Engineer to work in our clients manufacturing facility in North-West Leeds. Our client is a leading manufacturer of air conditioning and refrigeration systems, and is looking for a HNC/D or degree qualified mechanical engineer with at least 3 years experience in a continuous development role.
This role would be reporting into the Manufacturing Systems Team Leader. The primary focus of this role is the performance of our clients' production machinery. The successful candidate must develop a deep understanding of the equipment to improve the overall output rate through improved machine availability, cycle time efficiency and defect rate.
This role will include, but not be restricted to the following duties:-
* Taking a methodical, data driven approach to monitoring, measuring and decision making
* To effectively manage the front line machine maintenance team to maximise output
* To establish and execute cost effective PM plans for each key asset.
* To take a lead role in the justification, acquisition and installation of equipment as and when required.
* Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
* Organise plant start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time.
* Be willing to positively engage in training to support a Global Manufacturing Engineering Framework.
* Utilise the MOS philosophy as the central continuous improvement methodology.
* Work closely with the manufacturing team to ensure that machine operators are performing tasks in line with best practice.
* To ensure health and safety is at the forefront of decision making.
* Actively support the 'Quality Improvement Plan' with a strong focus on developing a proactive and preventive quality improvement culture and mindset across the business.
We are looking for the successful candidate to have the following:-
* Hold a higher education qualification applicable to a Manufacturing Engineering role and demonstrate at least 3 years' experience working to KPI driven, continuous improvement environment.
* Demonstrate previous experience of supporting and making a positive difference in a busy machine environment using Lean tools and techniques.
* Ability to communicate effectively with Stakeholders at all levels within the business.
* Experience of managing engineers to support improvements.
* Have skills and knowledge to encourage and implement change
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the leading companies in their industry.
On offer is a permanent position with negotiable basic salary up to £37,500 depending on experience. Our client displays excellent staff retention figures and also career progression plans that often take staff from one department to another as they progress.
The package also includes a range of benefits such as 25 days holiday per year, company pension scheme, various salary sacrifice schemes etc.
If you are interested in this role and would like to enquire further, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.