Job title: Management Accountant
Reports to: Financial Controller
Based: Manchester (near Manchester Airport)
About the client:
My client is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. My client provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
Following investment from a private equity, the business is set to grow rapidly both through organic growth and through a number of strategic acquisitions the first of which has already taken place.
As a result of this anticipated growth we are now looking for an ambitious Management Accountant to assist the Financial Controller in producing consolidated monthly management accounts and reporting alongside assisting the Finance transactional team.
Focus of the role:
To support the FC and Finance team in managing financial and management accounting activity within the business. This includes assisting in pro-active cash and working capital management including cashflow forecasting. Development of consolidated and insightful management accounts pack including full balance sheet reconciliations. Development of supporting business KPI's.
- Input into completion of consolidated monthly management accounts including balance sheet reconciliations and supporting detailed analysis to understand balance sheet position, revenue and margin drivers and cost base.
- Supporting tight cashflow management and assisting with weekly cashflow forecasting
- Development and support of weekly business KPI's
- Assisting in modelling P&L projections over the short and long term.
- Assisting in the input of supplier invoices and reconciliation of supplier statements
- Ownership of business expenses process ensuring accurate treatment of VAT and timely payment to employees.
- Assisting with annual audits
- Supporting finance system implementation as well as on boarding of new acquisitions
- Systems development and process automation - continuous improvement ethos
- Tax compliance activity - VAT, PAYE and Corporation Tax
- Either holds or is at final level of a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA or ACCA)
- Prior experience in a management accountant / assistant accountant role including preparation of management accounts.
- Exposure to IT or related sector, working within a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Experience of working capital management within a business
- Experience of business acquisitions and subsequent systems integrations would be advantageous
- An ability to pay strict attention to detail in all aspects of the job ensuring deadlines are met as necessary, with an attitude of caring about what they do and the impact they make
- Eagerness to take ownership and responsibility for own activities and to pick issues up and work to successful resolution
- Strong communication skills with a positive attitude and a team player
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.