This is an exciting and developmental opportunity which will have an impact in both Finance and across a growing business, supporting the implementation of new processes and ways of working whilst ensuring strong financial control.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant is integral in ensuring that the month end is delivered within the required timescales and to a high degree of accuracy. As well as this, the successful individual will have the opportunity to partner with budget holders throughout the business whilst supporting the Financial Controller on ad hoc projects.
The role will be suited to someone who has a passion to succeed, the drive to grow and develop within a fast paced company but also the ability to support and guide others within a Finance team to achieve common goals and ensure continuous improvement.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Production of monthly Management Accounts for multiple legal entities
* Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and strong balance sheet control (accruals, prepayments, stock valuations)
* Produce a detailed analysis and reconciliation of actual transactions against expected forecast
* Generation of the Monthly Management accounts pack for review
* Close partnering and liaison with business to ensure accurate forecasting and identification of risks and opportunities along with a clear understanding of any variances
* Providing financial support to non-financial managers and ensuring that the forecast represents a realistic view of the expenses within each cost area
* Become conversant with all tasks within the finance team, to provide support and training as required
* Review of line level transactions ensuring that VAT treatment is correct
* Support in producing Intrastat, EC Sales requirements
* Review and identification of inter-company recharges
* Supporting the Financial Controller in the implementation & continuous monitoring of strong controls and processes across the business
* Generation of ad hoc reports as required by the business with the ability to produce meaningful commentary from the data
* Other ad-hoc tasks as required
* Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA or QBE in a similar industry
* Intermediate to Advanced level of experience with Microsoft Excel
* Excellent attention to detail
* Experience of working across multiple currencies advantageous
* Experience in dealing with stock valuations & stock-related transactions
* Ability to develop solutions and problem-solve
* Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent organisation skills and adaptability
* Excellent communication skills with all levels of seniority
* Knowledge of GDPR and an appreciation of confidentiality
* Ability to work as part of a team and individually
* Self-motivated with a positive and can-do attitude
* Ability to use initiative to help drive team performance
* Flexible with the ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines
To find out more apply via the link below and a consultant will be in touch.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.