Role: Management Accountant/Business Partner Accountant
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 (negotiable on experience)
Location: Wakefield + Flex Working Policy
Hours: Full time - would consider reduced hours
A leading global charity that has grown from strength to strength over the past decade! Over 150 employees across the UK and worldwide.
My client is looking for a talented Management Accountant/Business Partner. This role would suit someone who isn't afraid of hard work, who shares their values and who wants to be part of something extraordinary.
Someone who can provide a dedicated business partner service to the Charity's Programs and Fundraising teams, specifically focusing on detailed matching, monitoring and analysis of all spend to charitable programs by appeal, country or type.
- Provide a solid link between the Finance and Programs departments, ensuring accurate and timely tracking of all spend.
- Working closely with the Programs team to complete detailed spend monitoring and analysis. Working with the Allocations and Programs teams to ensure tracking of sponsorship and restricted donations.
- Review all required Programs Spend against planned budget
- Raising purchase requests for required Program spends and ensuring appropriate approvals in place.
- Liaising with the Programs department for feedback on any spends variances and reporting appropriately.
- Monthly analysis on budgeted spend in comparison to cash flow and providing a monthly report to the Director of Programs and executive management.
- Prepare summary reporting of Programs spend for executive management and the Board.
- Any other required accounting tasks required to ensure robust financial controls around Programs payments.
- Assist in the analysis of costings and payback for all fundraising activities.
- To review and process invoices and payments against clearly approved plans from the fundraising departments.
- To research, collate information and produce detailed business cases with relevant information and analysis for any major undertaking requiring a financial investment or commitment for approval by the CEO and /or Board of Trustees.
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Demonstrable experience of planning, preparing and presenting financial information to the highest standard and accuracy *
- Demonstrable experience of administration and coordination
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong emphasis on business communication Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with individuals at all levels both internally and externally, with diplomacy and professionalism
- Excellent organisational, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and able to work under tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner
- To uphold and behave in accordance with the organisation's core values
- A professional and flexible approach to work
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity in what they do
- A positive attitude with a strong desire to see the organisation succeed
- Knowledge of Third Sector and statutory sector
- Knowledge of Islamic financial matters (Zakat, Wakif, Qurbani etc.)
- International development, and/or writing for an organisation which fundraisers