Management Accountant required to join this well established organisation. The Management Accountant will be required to manage the provision of a full Management Accounting service to ensure that accurate, timely and relevant information is produced to enable effective financial management on behalf of the organisation.. The Management Accountant will also manage the provision of support to Business Partners and non-Financial Managers for ad hoc information requests and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities;
* Manage a team with the production of monthly management accounts for services to ensure a complete and consistent approach is followed
* Manage the production of annual and profiled budgets for all cost centres based agreed by the Business Partners with budget holders.
* Manage the production of forecasts agreed with the Business Partners
* Manage the production of reports on external projects, partnerships and provide insightful analysis to senior management.
* Oversee the financial input into tenders and business cases and implement processes to ensure that thorough financial analysis is undertaken
* Oversee the preparation and provision of performance monitoring and audit information.
* Manage the workload of the management accounting team including ad-hoc requests for information and reports and support the professional and personal development of team members.
* Support the Finance Business Partner in providing Business Partnering support to their Services.
* Ensure that all processes and procedures are documented, kept up to date and aligned with the financial regulations.
* Deputise for the Finance Business Partner as appropriate.
* Undertake any additional duties within the role as determined by the line manager.
Knowledge & Experience;
* Significant experience of disciplined management accounting and forecasting processes.
* Experience of providing financial analysis to both finance and non-finance managers.
* Experience of working in complex multi-disciplinary environments.
* Experience of budget setting in a complex organisation.
* Experience of using Financial Information Systems.
* Experience of designing and using complex spreadsheets and database tools to analyse financial data.
* Experience of financial analysis to support tenders and business cases.
* Experience of managing staff.
Skills & Qualifications
* The ideal candidate will be either Part or Qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent
* Effective written and verbal communication and organisational skills
* Able to liaise effectively with all staff
* Able to devise and oversee work programmes to ensure delivery of objectives to tight deadlines while maintaining quality and effectiveness
* Good understanding of accounting principles
* Excellent problem-solving and data analysis skills
* Excellent IT skills, particularly in the use of financial information systems and spreadsheets, including ability to understand and manipulate complex spreadsheet models
* Able to lead by example motivate staff and delegate tasks and responsibilities effectively.
* On-site parking
* Excellent career progression /advancement opportunities
* Pension scheme
If you are interested in being considered or would like to know more about the role please click Apply Now with the latest copy of your CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.