Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£21000 - £24000 per annum + on site parking, paid mileage
Search Consultancy are recruiting in partnership with a Student Accommodation company recruiting for a Maintenance Technician.
To provide an excellent customer focused service delivery:
· Communicate effectively with residents, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly
· Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
· Provide value for money solutions to all facility related services
To provide an effective maintenance service to the buildings:
· Monitor the electronic maintenance reporting system daily ensuring maintenance tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
· Administer all property maintenance & records in accordance with procedures.
· Maintain adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning
· To respond to calls outside office hours which cannot be resolved without a presence on site referring to appropriate contractors as necessary
To ensure the property is well maintained in a safe and secure manner:
· Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including some basic plumbing and electrical, painting and decorating as required, maintenance of lighting and statutory testing
· Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
· Monitor sub-contractors and retain accurate records of their site operations including all relevant RAMS & Permits to Work.
· Ensure all common parts of the site are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
To ensure the effective provision of gardens and grounds maintenance:
· Ensure grounds of the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
· Establish in partnership with Accommodation Manager, the site cleaning regime including performance specification; daily schedule of work and refuse disposal arrangements.
To ensure all aspects of Health & Safety are delivered & monitored:
· Manage & maintain all statutory testing records, utilising other team members where appropriate
· Report any incidents or accidents to the Accommodation Manager using the correct system and documentation
· Review site risk assessments as required with the Facilities and Compliance Manager.
· Ensure all method statements & safe systems of work for contractors are reviewed and annual checks are carried out for their statutory insurance and qualifications.
· Carry out contractor site inductions prior to works commencing.
Basic O' Level / GCSE Qualifications, technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ)
Desirable: H&S (CSCS), First Aid Qualifications, Legionella, H&S
Relevant experience in providing building fabric/building services repair and maintenance
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Desirable: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (or similar)
Attributes/ Personal Characteristics
· Good communicator
· Methodical with the ability to prioritise effectively
· A good team player
· Positive attitude and ability to work with little supervision
· Excellent customer focus
· MUST have driving licence and own vehicle (mileage rate paid)
* On-site parking
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* maintenance: 3 years (preferred)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.