Search Technical & Engineering have partnered with a major client within the recycling industry to provide an experienced Maintenance Fitter on a permanent basis.
Role: Maintenance Fitter
Industry: Recycling / Heavy Plant
Bonus: Over Time - Mon-Sat = Tx1/2 | Sun = Tx2
* The diagnosis and resolution of breakdown problems
* To respond rapidly to breakdowns thereby minimising the period of time any equipment is out of action
* To ensure all machinery is maintained to a high standard and capable of operating in line with Company standards
* To comply with all machine operating systems
* To keep accurate records of all machinery on site
* To complete and maintain all documentation on the Company maintenance tracking system
* To make written and/or verbal reports to line managers as required
* To attend progress meetings with line managers as and when required
* To carry out any additional duties that may be reasonably requested from time to time
* To comply with Company policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Manual and the post holder's terms & particulars of employment
* 3-4 years as a maintenance fitter within a heavy plant environment.
* Proven track record of working in a comparable role
* The ability to strip down and rebuild hydraulic, mechanical components on heavy machines
* The ability to weld metals of all types including heavy sections & assemblies
* Able to understand technical drawings relating to machinery
* Competent in lifting and slinging
* A working knowledge of diesel engine maintenance
* ONC level qualifications or equivalent
* NVQ Level 3 or above in a relevant subject
* IT Literate with the ability to use a range of packages applicable to the role, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (emails)
This role will require you to work outdoors in all weather so you must not be afraid to get your hands dirty.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org // 01618358703
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.