Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Multi skilled maintenance engineer required for an immediate start. Expecting to last a minimum of 6 months with the potential for a permanent role. We are recruiting for an engineering craftsman to carry out electrical and mechanical work to maintain effective running of all plant equipment. You will help the team obtain maximum production and service efficiency, improve costs, quality and safety.
An immediate start is available. You will be working Monday to Friday across three shifts (rotating weekly) 6am-2pm; 2pm-10pm and 10pm to 6am.
The role requirements are:
1. Carry out frequency based Preventive Maintenance plans to site standards across all areas of the site and rectify any issues found.
2. Diagnose breakdown causes and repair efficiently and effectively.
3. Carry out equipment installations as required to current organisational and regulatory standards, and be involved in or familiar with any project plans for the installation of new equipment.
4. Modify and Improve Equipment, Plant and Processes.
5. Calibrate instrumentation including Weighing systems, Flow control, Level indicators etc.
6. Support and contribute to the development of safe systems of work ensuring that Company Health and Safety Standards are complied with, and safe working practices are always adopted.
7. Carry out mechanical/electrical maintenance within defined scope.
8. Provide technical advice, training support and information to departmental managers, supervisors, staff and external contractors relating to electrical/mechanical systems and equipment
9. Carry out effective 5S processes and housekeeping of Workshop, and Plant areas affected by all maintenance activities.
10. Be proactive in business process improvement initiatives and be aware of equipment performance trends such as efficiency, quality and waste.
11. Take responsibility for the quality of information recorded in the Toolbox talks and shift change and ensure the information is communicated to appropriate colleagues at shift change.
12. Monitor stock within stores to determine availability of required spares and liaise with the Support Coordinator to ensure that orders are placed and appropriately stocked in the stores area.
13. Carry out other tasks given by department managers as and when required to suit the requirements of the business.
Please apply today as immediate starts are available. You will have a 17th edition and similar experience in a maintenance position.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age