Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Up to £41000.00 per annum
Your future employer is offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will be someone who values growth and professionalism and has previous experience as a maintenance engineer in a manufacturing environment. They are offering a competitive package of up to £41,000, a generous salary contribution, holiday days and free on site parking!
Main Responsibilities for the engineer:
* Effectively schedule, and maintain the Site Preventative Maintenance Programme
* Undertake PPM to ensure production machinery/equipment is maintained correctly
* Ensure that all breakdown and repairs of equipment are carried out as efficiently as possible and keep "down-time/unavailable time" to a minimum
* Ensure that all required production documentation is completed and signed off
* Monitor equipment/machinery performance using agreed KPIs, and investigate opportunities for improvement as identified
* Troubleshoot, repair and maintain a wide variety of electro/mechanical packaging machinery
* Perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs across the site/premises as required
* To plan, check, monitor and carry out maintenance work and repair of all Company equipment, machinery, and buildings
* Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors
* Inform the Maintenance Manager of any mistreated use of machinery or equipment
* Recommend modifications to improve health and safety or machine/line efficiencies
* Support and assist in maintaining the required hygiene standards within the Company
Engineer Qualifications and Skills:
* City & Guilds qualification or equivalent in a mechanical subject
* 17th/18th Edition electrical qualification
* Formal Health & Safety training certificate
* Full driving licence (due to location)
* Proven experience of working in a maintenance capacity or related field
* Experience of carrying out repairs and maintenance on machinery, equipment and buildings
* Working to safe systems and recognising hazards and dangerous practices including undertaking risk assessments and audits
* Understanding and experience of quality and HSE systems
* Working knowledge of MS Office
* Understanding and ability to use and maintain basic power tools
* Sound understanding of COSHH regulations and Fgas qualification
* Understanding and ability to carry out general repairs and maintenance
The ideal candidate will have previously worked as a maintenance engineer for 2 years and have carried out a variety of maintenance across the machinery and building.
This is for a night shift position working on a 4 on 4 off rota, and has optional overtime available.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.