Maintenance Electrician - Covering North London and Essex
This role is responsible for maintaining and repairing a range of electrical and mechanical plant and equipment, including building services, within a number of retail sites in a defined geography. The successful candidate will demonstrate the highest standards of health and safety, with a passion for delivering service excellence.
* To undertake regular planned visits, completing PPM tasks and minor repairs requested by the Client;
* To undertake a variety of legal compliance electrical testing, including emergency lighting, fire alarm and in-house servicing of equipment;
* To undertake a variety of electrical repairs arising from periodic inspection and testing;
* To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, developing a good working relationship with the Helpdesk and Client site teams;
* To ensure all paperwork is completed accurately, on time and to the laid-down procedures;
* To respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and undertake repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible;
* To prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed response times and, in the case of major delays, liaise with your Supervisor / Manager for direction;
* Ordering and maintenance of materials, tools and equipment, in accordance with company procedures;
* To advise the Helpdesk where 3rd party contractor attendance is needed, either for quotation or to effect specialist repairs, and to provide the job specification;
* To manage the attendance of subcontractors and to ensure they undertake works to the agreed standards and within budgeted costs;
* To carry out remedial works, minor alterations and installations;
* To advise where capital purchases are needed as equipment is at the end of its life.
* To undertake surveys and reports as requested.
* Where applicable, to maintain asset registers ensuring all equipment is tagged.
This role will require:
* A high degree of flexibility in working hours and tasks, working on an on-call rota;
* The ability to self-manage, use initiative and prioritise effectively;
* High degree of mobility, travelling throughout the area and driving the company supplied vehicle
* The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces;
* A commitment to excellence in Health and Safety standards.
CRITERIA ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
General Education * GCSE standard
Professional/Academic/ Vocational Qualifications * Apprentice served Electrician with appropriate City & Guilds qualification
* 17th edition * JIB Recognised
* PAT testing qualification
* Fire Alarm qualification
* C&G CompEX 7&8
Specific Knowledge * General Building repairs
Specific Skills * Ability to maintain/repair a range of building fabrics, ground works and general PPM tasks to recognised standards
* Ability to work with minimum supervision
Demonstrated Behaviours * Good communication skills (written and verbal)
* Helpful/friendly manner
* Customer focused
* Planning and organising skills
* Competent in the use of steps and ladders
* Current driving licence
* Ability to distinguish colours
* PC literate
* Physically fit
* Willingness to work flexible hours
If you are interested in this role please contact Annette Jamieson on 0141-272-7737 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.