We have a great opportunity for an experienced Recycling Operative with baler knowledge, working for a leading plastics recycling company in Sheffield. This full-time role starts asap, and comes with a rate of £9 an hour.
The company you will be working for have recently invested in new machinery and staff facilities, and are looking to increase their workforce to meet the demands of a busy recycling business.
As a recycling operative you will sorting and grading plastics to be baled and recycled into plastic chips. Cardboard recycling is part of the company's remit too, which requires baling prior to recycling off-site. This job requires lots of lifting, shifting and moving materials, and candidates are required to have a good attitude towards hard work.
Your day-to-day tasks in this recycling job may include:
- Sorting plastic
- Baling - this is partly a forklift job
- Checking that the right kind of materials are being recycled
- Inspecting materials for any contamination
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment
Ideally you will have a valid counterbalance forklift licence, and due to the location you will need your own transport to get to and from work. The shifts are Monday to Friday, 40 hours a week, starting at 7am each morning. An immediate start is available with a permanent role available following a qualifying period.
To apply, you will need:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- The ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools
- A thorough approach, with attention to detail
- The ability to work well with others
- Physical strength and skills
Please call us today to apply for this Recycling Operative job in Sheffield.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age