Great opportunity for a line accountant to join a large global brand on a contract basis !
The position of Line Accountant exists within the European Finance Team which is based in Glasgow. This position will join a team of accountants and report to a Finance Manager who in turn reports to the European Head of Finance.
The Finance Team services 9 distinct Business Units which operate in Europe with further smaller offices and sales teams across in Asia and the Middle East. As part of this we have financial reporting responsibility for two Belgian Insurance companies and one UK Service Company.
The principal responsibility will be the preparation of monthly management accounts for a number of entities including the production of final monthly results for the Business Unit within strict deadlines.
The individual in this role will also be responsible for quarterly and year end statutory and Head Office reporting (under Belgian GAAP and US GAAP respectively) as well as tax returns. Close liaison with the Business Units will also be required with monthly reporting and adhoc requests being a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts in accordance with US GAAP and strict reporting deadlines
- Providing analysis and commentary on the monthly results to the Business Finance Director
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts in line with US SARBOX requirements Statutory reporting for half and full year audits in line with Belgian GAAP as well as quarterly statutory reporting to the Belgian Insurance Regulator Completion of quarterly and year end reporting exhibits to Head Office in line with timetable Providing support and help to the Business Unit Involvement in tax returns and ensuring all information is submitted to the Tax Department on a timely and consistent basis Supporting the Finance Manager and wider finance team in various ad hoc projects.
- Continual process improvement and efficiencies
- Liaise with the accounting teams and Treasury in Europe and the USA to ensure accurate intercompany reporting and timely settlements Assist in the month reporting processes both internally and externally
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.