Job Title: Legal Secretary - Residential Conveyancing
Location: Herne Bay, Kent
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
Have you got experience within Residential Conveyancing within a Legal Secretarial position?
We are currently working on behalf of a law firm looking for an experienced Legal Secretary with a background of Residential Conveyancing to be based within their Herne Bay office.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Full secretarial support to Fee Earners and department
- Arranging appointments
- Liaising with client queries face to face and via email/phone
- Preparing correspondence by audio typing via the digital dictation system
- Using the Land Registry Portal, completing Land Registry returns, and submission of SDLT forms
- Filing and Photocopying
- Opening/Closing client files
- Covering reception when necessary
- Collection/delivery of daily incoming and outgoing post and DX usually by office rota
- Provide ad hoc secretarial cover for sickness and holiday absences in the team when needed
- Managing and coordinating diaries and diary notes and reporting on these
- Comply with all the Firm's policies and procedures
- Ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters
- Compliance with the firm's accounts and administrative disciplines and procedures.
- Agree to clear objectives linked to the business plan and participate in the performance management system, evaluating performance and giving feedback when applicable
- Identify the standards and systems required to continually improve customer service
Experience & Skills;
- Recent experience within Residential Conveyancing in a Legal Secretarial role
- IT Literate within Microsoft packages including Outlook and Word
- Skillful audio typist
- Experience in transcribing correspondence using Digital Dictation
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to draft own basic correspondence as and when necessary
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.