Are you an Accounts Assistant who is looking for a new opportunity as a Legal Cashier? Then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a large, growing & successful firm in Wakefield.
Hours: 8:45 - 17:15
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Bank Reconciliations:
- Preparation of computerised Client and Office Account bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of Client and Office bank accounts and cashbooks, to include the timely investigation and correction of any queries/errors. Any discrepancies to be reported immediately to the Legal Cashiers Manager.
* Office Account - accurate and timely processing of the following:
- Checking and inputting bills.
- Transferring costs from Client Account to Office Account.
- Drawing Office Account cheques and posting direct debits that relate to the clients ledgers.
- Writing off disbursements and Work in Progress within the agreed limits
- Aiding non-finance staff (predominantly fee earners) with transaction/client ledger related queries.
* Client Account Administration:
- Daily banking of client account funds and keying the receipts into the computerised client ledgers.
- Processing of incoming telegraphic transfers, involves checking, recording and crediting the receipts to the correct client's ledger.
- Processing of client payments - checking that sufficient cleared funds are available, drawing client cheques, arranging telegraphic transfers etc.
- Checking completion statements in conveyancing transactions.
- Dealing with any internal and external enquiries, keeping in mind client confidentiality.
- Arranging transfers to and from designated deposit accounts.
- Dealing with requests for interest calculations.
- Any other reasonable duties required of you by the Senior Legal Cashier and / or the Finance Manager
* Experience of double entry bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, billing and disbursements, sales and purchase ledger.
* Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook.
* Good organisational and communication skills.
* Able to self-manage manage a wide ranging workload and prioritise tasks accordingly.
* A high level of accuracy is required, together with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£19000.00 - £22000.00 per annum
6 months ago