Salary: 23 - 25K
Are you looking to pursue a career as a Legal Cashier?
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a Legal Cashier to join a small Solicitor practice in North Yorkshire.
* Free parking
* 20 holidays + statutory
* Supporting the Assistant Practice Manager within the Accounts Department in the provision of accurate and timely processing of financial transactions for the practice by providing competent and effective cashiering duties.
* Assisting in the compliance of Solicitors Accounts Rules.
* Daily banking functions including bank reconciliations (Client, 2 separate designated deposit, tax reserve and 6 office accounts)
* The processing of client and office accounting transactions including postings and cheque production.
* Processing automatic and manual payment runs by BACS/TT and cheque production.
* Input and production of nominal cheque requests.
* Monitor cash flow.
* Liaise with the bank to arranging stop payments on cheques not received or gone missing and general queries relating to unidentified receipts of money coming into client account.
* Monitor and keep up-to-date the central cheque/cash register held at reception.
* Assist the Assistant Practice Manager by checking and authorising Payroll onto Bank for payment.
* The processing of clients bills for each office.
* Dealing with enquires from fee earners and other staff members.
* Dealing with enquires and payments from clients.
* Client interest calculations and processing thereof.
* Assist with month end procedures.
* Opening new matters, scanning and processing ID into Quill.
* Input of TM disbursements for Fee Earner as requested.
* Ad Hoc reporting.
* File and prepare the Normal Ledger invoices for the Auditors prior to their Annual Audit visit.
* Training / advising over the phone with branches when required
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.