£25000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
Salary: £25k to £28k
Position: Legal Cashier
Full time & permanent
Duties & Responsibilities:
Preparation of computerised Client and Office Account bank reconciliations.
Responsible for the daily reconciliation of Client and Office bank accounts and cashbooks, to include the timely investigation and correction of any queries/errors. Any discrepancies to be reported immediately to the Legal Cashiers Manager.
Office Account - accurate and timely processing of the following:
- Checking and inputting bills.
- Transferring costs from Client Account to Office Account.
- Drawing Office Account cheques and posting direct debits that relate to the clients ledgers.
- Writing off disbursements and Work in Progress within the agreed limits
- Aiding non-finance staff (predominantly fee earners) with transaction/client ledger related queries.
Client Account Administration:
- Daily banking of client account funds and keying the receipts into the computerised client ledgers.
- Processing of incoming telegraphic transfers, involves checking, recording and crediting the receipts to the correct client's ledger.
- Processing of client payments - checking that sufficient cleared funds are available, drawing client cheques, arranging telegraphic transfers etc.
Checking completion statements in conveyancing transactions.
Dealing with any internal and external enquiries, keeping in mind client confidentiality.
Arranging transfers to and from designated deposit accounts.
Dealing with requests for interest calculations.
Any other reasonable duties required of you by the Senior Legal Cashier and / or the Finance Manager
* Experience of double entry bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, billing and disbursements, sales and purchase ledger.
* Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook.
* Good organisational and communication skills.
* Able to self-manage manage a wide ranging workload and prioritise tasks accordingly.
* A high level of accuracy is required, together with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.