Are you a Lecturer looking for a new and intellectually stimulating role for 2020? We're looking to place a passionate and people orientated Lecturer within a Durham-based learning environment. The successful full-time Lecturer candidate will thrive in a collaborative educational environment where you'll develop and implement teaching strategies, plans and processes to support the programme. The salary will start at £14.85 per hour and will increase to £17.70 after a 12 week onboarding period.
You will pro-actively identify teaching needs through a variety of methods. You'll design solutions, and close skills gaps from the results of your needs analysis, as well as ensuring the training material appeals to all participants.
All apprenticeship teaching documents will be maintained accurately and efficiently.
Your core Lecturer skills:
* You'll manage your own time effectively and work to deadlines with great attention to detail
* You will have excellent communication skills, verbally and written and will also be computer literate
* You'll have developed an approachable, collaborative and inclusive approach with all participants
* You're confident and can ensure all teaching solutions are delivered to a high standard
Additionally, your Lecturer role will include supervising any learner support assistants allocated to their classes, preparing the learning environment, including the handling and setup of specialist equipment and monitoring and advising on learner's welfare. You'll be encouraged to evaluate the effectiveness of all teaching initiatives to show how it's contributing to increased performance.
The ideal Lecturer will have:
* A current assessor award D32/D33 or A1 or equivalent
* GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English or equivalent
* A CPD that demonstrates relevant, up-to-date knowledge of the subject area
* A minimum NVQ Level 5 in teaching qualification - DTLLS, CertEd or equivalent
Please reach out to us to discuss this exciting Lecturer role in Durham today.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age