Lease Accounting Associate - £23,690 - Immediate start - Manchester -
Search Accountancy are working on a exciting project to recruit for one of the world's leading FMCG organisations. At present, they have multiple opportunities available for talented finance professionals to join their Lease Accounting Team.
The Lease Accounting Associate, working for the Business Service Centre and reporting into the Lease Accounting Team Lead, will be a part of the centralised lease accounting team and ensure compliance with the new IFRS 16 standard for the organisations worldwide leases.
The role will assist the Team Lead with the day to day governance over the accounting for leases; from lease data collection to reporting; combining accounting knowledge with good SAP experience
Activities may also include project support for implementation; testing the functionalities and data migration of the Lease Accounting Software by working closely with the Lease Accounting Power User.
The successful candidate will be studying towards a professional qualification AAT,ACCA,CIMA
Core duties include:
- Assist the Lease Accounting Team Lead to manage the governance process related to lease accounting & related controls
- Capture new lease contracts, and record them accurately in the Lease Accounting Software
- Monitor the current lease population to proactively process any termination / change in leases
- Ensure lease calculations (liabilities, interests and assets) are posted monthly into SAP and payments calculated by the system are properly matched, investigating all differences
- Manage posting differences under local GAAP for leasing
- Prepare disclosure for leasing as per IFRS 16 requirement
- Understand and meet department deadlines ensuring the relevent departments are fully aware of Lease Accounting Targets
- Allocate resources effectively across the teams ensuring that changes in work load are addressed to meet all business targets.
- Supporting with processing when required.
- Assist the GL Team Leads to ensure that all Lease Accounting departmental month end activities close with adherence to the Global Closing Schedule.
- Assist with any other adhoc duties as required within the R2R department.
- Analysis and Reporting.
- Using current tools as a base to develop analytics to help the team to achieve their full potential. Develop smart analysis to ensure that all tasks are completed; areas for improvement are identified.
- Experience in an accounting related role
- - General Ledger/Financial Accounting
- Experience preferably within a multinational company
- SAP experience essential (FI and CO)
- Excellent understanding of the General Ledger and Fixed Asset end to end process
- Ability to adapt during periods of change
- Good Microsoft Excel data manipulation and analytical skill
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
This is fantastic opportunity to join a world class organisation who offer rewarding salaries and the opportunity to progress and develop internally.
For further information, contact Victoria Howard @ Search on 0161 835 8619
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age