Laboratory Manager - Food
Up to €70,000
My client, a global leader in contract food testing is currently sourcing a high calibre Laboratory Manager to lead and manage their INAB accredited Food + Dairy Chemistry and Environmental Departments in Cork.
Reporting in to the General Manager, the Lab Manager will be responsible for:
* Leading and managing the day to day operations of the laboratory, ensuring samples are processed accurately, promptly and efficiently for required testing
* Ensuring high standards of compliance are maintained with Health and Safety, Quality System and Customer requirements.
* Providing excellent customer service through accurate and timely reporting of results and strong technical support in response to customer queries.
* Proactively assisting senior management with technical and operational development of the department to ensure both business objectives and Customer requirements are consistently delivered.
The ideal candidate for the Lab Manager will have:
* A BSc or equivalent in Analytical Chemistry, Food Science or other relevant subject
* Previous management / supervisory experience within an accredited contract testing laboratory or food industry laboratory environment is desirable
* Thorough understanding of relevant quality system and accreditation requirements
* Operational experience of dealing with customers and meeting deadlines
* Proven experience of working in a fast paced demanding work environment with the ability to lead teams through operational and technical challenges, trouble shooting and problem solving
If you are an experienced Lab Manager looking for a new challenge please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.