Laboratory Engineer/Manufacturing Test Engineer Required - Leeds - Permanent
We are currently looking to recruit Laborary Engineer or Manufacturing Test Engineer to work in our clients manufacturing facility in North-West Leeds. Our client is a leading manufacturer of air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
This role is working with a small team of skilled Laboratory Engineers in our client's R&D Laboratory tasked with both research and development prototype testing and customer witness testing.
This role will include, but not be restricted to the following duties:-
* Preparing and installing product into the environmental chamber for testing
* Operating, maintain and general house-keeping of applicable environment chamber and accompanying plant
* Testing of product and equipment to both industry and in-house standards
* Assisting in the completion of customer witness tests in a professional and timely manner
* Active involvement with - and support of - product development projects
* Identifying, highlighting and rectifying problems and issues with product shown up by testing
* Analysing gathered results
* Producing high quality technical reports
We are looking for the successful candidate to have the following:-
* Minimum of a HNC in a relevant engineering discipline or science based subject
* Previous experience of working/testing within a lab environment is preferred
* Competence in Brazing, Evacuation and Refrigeration charging and electrical skills and knowledge
* Knowledge to identify and rectify products under test (Electrical fault finding, refrigeration circuit diagnostics etc)
* Attention to detail and self motivation
* Be able to apply logical and rational thought to problems
* Ability to learn quickly
* Effective time management
* Good communication skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
Training will be provided for the right candidate
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the leading companies in their industry.
On offer is a permanent position with competitve, negotiable salary. Our client displays excellent staff retention figures and also career progression plans that often take staff from one department to another as they progress.
The package also includes a range of benefits such as 25 days holiday per year, company pension scheme, various salary sacrifice schemes etc.
If you are interested in this role and would like to enquire further, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.