Sample Prep Technician - Temporary vacancy - January start!
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Working with Biomass and Coal Sample Prep teams and the Laboratory Manager to ensure that an effective and high quality analytical service is provided to meet reporting deadlines on the various types of samples / commodities submitted to the laboratory for analytical evaluation.
Also assisting in carrying out all aspects of the sample preparation procedures on biomass and coal samples and standard operating practices with supervision to a high degree of precision.
- Ensuring at all times that a high degree of accuracy and precision is applied to methods and procedures through incorporating and promoting good laboratory practice principles in line with laboratory code of practise.
- Assist in all sample prep duties within both the biomass and coal prep departments to ensure reporting turnaround times are met.
- Responsible for ensuring that work throughput is followed in accordance to documented methods and procedures and as directed by senior personnel.
- Ensuring that all laboratory work areas and work stations are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all PPE and health and safety procedures are adhered to, in line with the laboratory code of practise.
- Maintaining a professional standard and appearance at all times during working hours.
- Sample prep and lab experience desirable
- Good attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of manual dexterity
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 6.30am to 2.30pm with 30 mins break.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.