Are you passionate about science but don't have the qualifications?
Do you want an opportunity for a career?
To work within the microbiology laboratory, processing food and water samples that are received by a range of clients, adhering to strict procedures and methods under health and safety standards.
As a laboratory technician, your day will be varied, meeting customer and business requirements within a fast-paced testing environment.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an eye for detail, have a passion for science and meeting the needs of our clients in the fast-paced food industry. An ability to work quickly and accurately is necessary, as our customers will routinely request results within a same day period.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Check in samples that have been registered online by client.
* Extract portions of samples and prepare them ready for testing - weigh and dilute.
* Plate samples using correct methods and procedures.
* Ensure optimum conditions at all times.
* Ensure the timely extraction of samples / reporting of data.
* Understand responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety and agree to comply with the requirements of Health and Safety Policy.
* Any other duties your line manager deems necessary.
Initiative and a questioning mind are actively encouraged, as it is through our staff that we are able to continually adapt.
* Experience or qualifications in this area, whilst of benefit, is not required, as full training will be provided for the right candidate.
* This role is very fast paced, therefore demonstrable experience within a fast paced environment where you have worked to tight deadlines is desirable.
* An interest in science.
* IT. literate.
* High level of attention to detail.
37.5 hours per week - shift pattern:
* Monday - Friday, Tuesday - Saturday, Sunday - Thursday;
* 9:30am to 6:00pm, 10.30am - 7.00pm, 11.30am - 8.00pm.
Laboratory open 365 days a year.
Please apply here or call Robyn Clendinning on 0141 272 7793
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.