Lab Manager / Section Head of Organic Testing
Search Scientific are currently seeking to recruit a Lab Manager / Section Head of Organic Testing for an environmental testing company based in Kent.
The company specialise in carrying out analytical services in sectors such as environmental, construction, waste, fuel and engineering industries. They are experts in providing high quality services to UKAS 17025 standards.
The Section Head of Organics will lead a growing team within Organics Department, currently consisting of 3 Senior Analysts and 2 Technicians, utilising a range of analytical techniques and equipment including GC-MS and FID, to test a range of organic parameters within environmental samples.
* Supervising and effectively operating the laboratory
* Delegate daily workload ensuring the company sample turn around time is met
* Ensure all work is carried out inline with UKAS 17025 standards as well as company quality and H&S policies
* Ongoing method development to improve efficiency
* Training and mentoring the team
* Maintain the lab's QMS
* Maintain instrumentation including carrying out basic repairs and troubleshooting to minimise downtime
* Strong knowledge and experience working to UKAS and/or MCERTS standards for environmental, biological, forensics or chemical testing
* Bachelors degree, HNC or similar level qualification in Chemistry or other related discipline
* Expertise in GC-FID and GC-MS
* Effective leader with the ability to plan, delegate and train staff
An excellent opportunity to join a successful company and lead an innovatice, close knit team, please apply or contact Stephen Davis firstname.lastname@example.org / 0113 308 8058 for more information.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.