JUNIOR/ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR
AWARD-WINNING SUB CONTRACTOR
The role is for one of the country's most well known interior fit-out specialist sub contractors. With a successful trading history of over 30 years and a secure project pipeline they are involved in some of the UK's most notable projects. Their ethos is based on the investment and development of their workforce, ensuring that teams function cohesively and endorse a positive work culture; resulting in them receiving numerous industry accolades and being certified as a top 10 sub contractor in the UK.
Now requiring the skills of an Assistant/Junior Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial team of a milestone £20m project, reporting to the Managing Surveyor. The company will provide you with the training and upskilling necessary to succeed in the role, with a view to develop you into a Senior/Project Quantity Surveyor in the future as you will receive the mentoring of a highly experienced Surveyor who possesses numerous years in the industry. You will ideally possess a main/sub contractor background and be able to function effectively on your own initiative.
Key duties & responsibilities for this role include:
- Form close working relationships with our clients to identify their precise requirements and ensure that pricing schedules allow for the delivery of projects that accurately meet their expectations.
- Undertake site visits in order to understand the full scope of the works.
- Be involved in the planning process to ensure that all works are carried out to the maximum efficiency.
- Identify, prepare, submit and agree early warning notices and compensation events as required under NEC contract to ensure that any changes to original quotations are factored in.
- Maintain order book turnover and gross margin projections at all times, and liaise with the Senior Quantity Surveyor about ongoing activity.
- Review aged debt on a regular basis and manage outstanding retentions to ensure the business receives its cash from customers on a timely basis.
You should possess the following:
- Relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or significant work experience
- Sub contractor industry experience preferred, ideally in interior fit-out or carpentry/joinery
- Excellent communication skills to liaise on a daily basis with other team members, clients and suppliers
- Demonstrable ability to work alone and use own initiative to solve problems and complete daily tasks.
- Possess strong IT skills
- Full driving licence
This role will be attractive to you if you have a clear career path to date and want this to continue in a company committed to your development both on a professional and personal basis where your commercial skill, work ethic and results will be recognised and will lead to further opportunity within the company.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.