We are seeking a Paralegal to work in the Industrial Disease department to be able to use a high degree of self-management and initiative to support the Supervisor/Head of Department.
This fantastic opportunity is for our client, a leading firm of solicitors based in Pontefract on a full time permanent basis.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* Good client care skills
* GCSE English grade C or above
* Commitment to become fully knowledgeable in Industrial Disease Law through undertaking relevant training
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete Legal Aid Agency (LAA) forms
* Liaise between clients and experts and between clients and supervisor and with the other side as requested
* Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate fee earner
* Preparing standard legal forms.
* Preparing and filing court documents
* Fixing dates for Court hearings and liaising with Counsel and court to find mutually convenient dates
* Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
* Preparation of bills and/or liaise with costs draftsman
* Preparing LAA forms
* Liaise with The Accident Line as requested
* Carry out benefit queries and deal with call queries
* Liaise with Welfare Benefits Advisor and accounts department as required
* Obtain periodic payments on account as agreed by the fee earner
* Carry relevant searches
* To undertake other duties such as researching law, searching old files, obtaining documents, transporting clients, running errands and supporting fee earners as and when required
* Conduct of own matters and assisting the appropriate fee earner or Head of Department with shared caseload
* Compliance with Office Manual Procedures
* Maintenance of the required standard of client care
* Accuracy of work undertaken and maintenance of standards set in terms of client contact
* Attendance of departmental meetings and in-house training as provided
Please click to apply or for more details please contact Sally Henderson at the Search Consultancy Leeds office on 0113 308 8064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.