Microbiology Lab Technician
Up to £21,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Microbiology Lab Technician to join a diagnostics company, who specialise in delivering microbiological diagnostic products for clinical, industrial and veterinary testing.
The responsibilities of the Microbiology Lab Technician:
* Accurately prepare culture media (agar and broth formulations) and simple reagent solutions for use in research projects and day to day laboratory activities.
* Maintain supplies of sterile consumables (pipette tips, loops, prepared culture media etc.) for day to day use.
* Wash, rinse, dry and return to allocated storage, all glassware and reusable containers etc. used for the preparation of dehydrated culture media, solutions and other laboratory reagents.
* Ensure that the Laboratory areas are kept clean and tidy
* Calibrate laboratory instrumentation
* Maintain laboratory freezers on a day to day basis, and in particular -80°C freezers
The successful candidate for the Microbiology Lab Technician role will have:
* BSc Honours in Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biomedical Science or appropriate science with documented route to state registration approved by the Institute of Biomedical Science
* Good understanding of QA, GMP, IVD Directive and ISO9001:2000 guidelines.
* Publication of laboratory work in peer reviewed journal.
* Previous laboratory work experience
* Work in research or method validation environment.
If you are an experienced Lab Technician with experience in a microbiology lab or an NHS laboratory then please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.