ESTABLISHED CIVILS CONTRACTOR
This opportunity is for a construction graduate that would be interested in a Buyer position and is looking to develop and continue their career working for an established regional civils groundworks & RC Frame contractor in Buckinghamshire. The company have an excellent reputation for the quality of their build programme and historic projects that have won them numerous awards. This company are proud of their long tradition of delivering often challenging technical projects on time and to budget, working closely with their clients to provide a collaborative, proactive and informed approach.
They are looking to appoint a Junior Buyer. Working with a small and well-established Procurement Team and reporting into the company Director. The role takes full responsibility for the procurement function; managing and shaping the company strategy covering materials, sub-contractors and supply chain, making an essential contribution to ensuring projects are successfully completed within budget and to specification.
* Assist Quantity Surveyors in obtaining supplier quotes for tenders. Carry out any take offs necessary. Advise on any potential design change benefits
* Working with the Project Surveyor and Ops team, produce and manage the procurement schedules
* In line with the procurement schedule send out supplier enquiries, complete quote analysis and issue recommendation, to ensure programme and cost requirements are achieved
* Place supplier orders and manage accounts accordingly. Address any design changes / recommendations. Manage & update supplier database
* Ensure all necessary supplier documentation is in place e.g. warranties, insurance etc
* Implement and ensure strict change control and advise Project Surveyor and Ops team of any issues
* Issue Buying Report to Project Surveyor to enable accurate completion of CVR
* Previous experience in a materials Buying role would be desirable
* Experience working for a civils contracting construction company would be preferable
To apply for this role or to find out more about this position and have a confidential conversation about your career please send your current CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.