Java Software Engineer
Do you want to join an inspiring team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products?
You'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with a global team of technologists from all over the world. Understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development such as Agile frameworks is key!
The ideal Java Developer will have the following skills:
* Proven track record in software development
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Hands on experience in Java 8 micro-services including REST, JSON, Spring framework, Springboot and Microservices.
* Experience using IntelliJ, Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins), Maven, Auto-deployment tools, Performance / load testing, Java memory profiling
* Strong debugging and technical troubleshooting skills / Knowledge of code testing techniques
* Experience of test driven development and behaviour driven testing using JBehave/Cucumber.
* Experience of publish/subscribe technologies such as Kafka/AMPS
* Experience in Linux and shell scripting
* Experience with task management tool (JIRA or equivalent)
This is an excellent opportunity for Java Developers to join the team in Glasgow. You will have the opportunity to grow and push your career forward, learning and developing from some of the best in the trade.
Get in touch with Simon Allen to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Simon.email@example.com