Java Developer - Server Side / Java Software Engineer, API, Back-End
Are you a Java Software Engineer in Edinburgh who is looking to relocate to Mainland Europe?
I'm really excited to be partnering with an Oslo based start up success story looking for talented Java Server Side Developers.
The role would require relocation to the beautiful city of Oslo in Norway.
You will be open to experiencing a new culture and working with a diverse group of top percentile developers where the MAIN BUSINESS LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH.
For those who don't know, Norway is EEA member and EU citizens are eligible to work there without requiring a work permit, candidates who are not Norwegian and are out with the EU / EEA would need a sponsored work permit.
Why am I excited about this business?
- Substantial growth in relatively short period of time, to put into context the unique monthly users is inline with much bigger players such as the likes of LinkedIn
- Coverage of the projects you will work on is pretty cool, everything from distributed systems, to large scale systems, to big data to name but a few
- The business work in true Agile environment where your small team have real ownership on what you build and are empowered to innovate and scale quickly
- Strong culture and values that drive the business, centred around looking after staff and developing a product that has a positive impact in society
- Truly global impact, strong position to become the next major player in the tech market and to get in at this stage of growth is exciting
Ethos is as a back-end Server Side Java Developer of course you work on high performing back end services but not isolated from your front-end colleagues..
You work closely with the wider team on design's that means you approach problems as a Full Stack Engineer would in terms of understanding wider impact but the work you do is focused on the parts you love, the complex back end aspects of best practice scalable solutions.
You must have:
- Java Development background developing RESTful API's
(Polygot's are welcomed too but the first stage is a Java exercise so you need to be able to code in Java straight away)
- At minimum understand and can demonstrate understanding of building to scale, even better if you have built scalabe backend services
- Believe in sensible automation to scale, so high level code that can be reused and build strong libraries and get building scalable architecture
- Love back-end, work on server-side but get front end and are empathetic about your mind blowing designs needing to work with wider design too
If this interests you there is an opportunity to work with and get trained in:
- Docker, Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, Google Cloud, AWS
Please send your CV for a chance to make a career enhancing move that:
- also allows you to make a positive contribution to society and design a product you are really proud to tell people you were a part of
- offers really interesting, complex, scalable project work
- that can also match your career aspirations, supporting your skills development and offering you progression paths that suit your strengths
- does all of the above whilst creating a fun and friendly team environment for you to be a part of
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.