Are you a passionate Java developer who would be interested in moving to one of Scotland's most tech-savvy companies? This is an excellent opportunity to rapidly progress within an industry leading, award winning consultancy.
Search IT are working with a multi-award winning consultancy with an enviable list of global clients, many of which are based in Scotland. The company are always looking for new talent and are keen to expand their talented team here in Scotland. What really separates this opportunity from many others is the level of autonomy you are given. Flexible working comes with the role, as does the opportunity to balance your own workload. So if this sounds appealing so far, keep on reading!
What will you be doing?
* Produce well designed software and communicate your design to others
* Be responsible for technical aspects of a project, both internally and externally
* Understand system test plans and system testing for quality assurance purposes
What do I need for this job?
* Strong Software Engineering background - Java
* Experience of developing highly concurrent systems - multithreaded and/or distributed
* Experience of containers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic
* NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Riak, Couchbase, Hadoop
* Exposure to Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development
* Deployment automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Cobbler, Vagrant, Ansible, Docker
* Exposure to agile development methodologies
* Scripting experience such as BASH, Python, Ruby
* Exposure to automated integration testing through tools like Selenium, Fitnesse, Cucumber
You do not need to meet all of the above criteria, however exposure in most of these fields is highly beneficial. If you wold like to enquire about this role then get in touch with Simon Allen.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.