IT Support - Remote Operations
Search Consultancy's Managed Service client in Bathgate has a requirement for a Remote Operations Engineer providing 1st to 3rd line support to external customers and internal systems. This is a permanent vacancy, based in Bathgate with excellent opportunity for progression.
Principle roles and responsibilities
Delivery of Desktop & Infrastructure Services and Support across internal and external customer base.
* Deliver 2nd / 3rd level support to remote client set.
* Build standard remote agents to support remote monitoring and reporting.
* Deploy agents to new customers, update agents on current customer base and delete agents as necessary.
* Manage, maintain and record work assignments to ensure they are achieved within the agreed SLAs.
* Log all undertaken works in the Service Desk system with required info accordingly, customer contact, regular updates and closure.
* Take ownership of specific customers and develop Service Improvement Plans for customer set.
* Communicate with customers on a frequent basis as to status of outstanding works held under your responsibility.
* Liaise directly with Field Service Engineers and Consultants to resolve issues which require on-site involvement.
Internal Systems Support
* Microsoft Operating Systems
* Microsoft Applications e.g. Office,
* MS Windows Server Operating Systems
* MS SQL
* MS Terminal Server
* MS Exchange
* Backup exec
* Mitel 3300 Phone system
* Other utility programs for time keeping, task reporting etc.
* Successful track record in delivering high volume Desktop and Infrastructure Support services
* 2nd level networking skills developing to 3rd level
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network issues
* Ability to configure switches, routers and firewalls
* Understanding of self-limitations and when to ask for help
* Have confidence in dealing with customers at all levels and provide a credible and professional approach.
* Solid understanding and experience of troubleshooting and administering technologies such as Win Operating Systems, Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Office, VPN, Firewalls, VMware, Security and Microsoft Systems Centre Technologies.
* Proven competency for solving complex customer problems, priority setting and delivering results quickly.
* Excellent communication skills.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.