IT MANAGER - PERM - EDINBURGH >£37,000
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Systems Manager will be primarily responsible for the Credit Union's IT and communications network and systems. The post holder will project manage the integration and implementation any new technology or communications systems and provide support to meet future business and system requirements.
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, development and monitoring of the IT infrastructure, applications and telecoms to ensure maximum availability of systems.
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality ensuring that IT systems meet these needs.
- Undertake and manage relevant projects as required.
- Manage the deployment and ongoing maintenance of the company website.
- Manage the continual development and improvement of report production across the business.
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies to improve systems or support the company's business plan.
- Ensure IT security systems are fully operational and that all devices are protected to the greatest extent against all potential threats.
- Manage crisis situations, in conjunction with the Director of Operations, which involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Facilitate end user training for relevant systems as well as communication of relevant updates on IT to senior management and staff.
- Work with the senior management team to develop the company's IT strategy and operations, including identifying areas where the IT infrastructure can add value to the business and producing supporting business cases.
- Planning, developing and implementing the IT budget.
* Minimum 3 years' experience working within a similar post or environment
- Relevant Computer Systems & Networks Degree or similar
- Previous experience in a similar management role, demonstrate skills in effective project management
- Budget preparation and management
- Knowledge and skills in product evaluation
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.