Role: Invoicing Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Working Hours: Normal Office hours at Monday to Friday 9.00-17.30. Flexibility in respect of your working hours will be required in-line with operational requirements.
My client is a one of the world leading logistics companies established over 50 years ago employing over 6000 people worldwide.
Reporting to the HCC Operations Director, the invoicing and Information Manager leads the Invoicing and Analytical Team in the Huddersfield Control Centre (HCC). The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the client invoicing process to ensure its accuracy and ensuring that all available cost recoveries are made. You will be accountable for the MI production for the UK fuels business, ensuring that data is accurate and meaningful. You will also be responsible for developing clearly defined processes to operate our Invoicing and analytical processes, and for developing robust training plans for individual team members.
- Taking accountability for additional cost recovery from specific customer contracts, ensuing robust and accurate processes are in place to maximise the revenues recovered
- Taking accountability to steward contract changes to ensure all commercial changes are tracked and implemented in conjunction with the Contract Managers. Update a contract repository to track all amendments necessary to maintain accurate invoicing takes place
- Ensuring that quality management information is provided to business stake holders and clients as required. Reflecting daily, weekly and monthly performance. Establish automated processes to gather the management information and ensure the data is collated accurately and in a timely manner.
- Providing project support to contract tenders within the Hoyer business, ensuring all designated activities are undertaken on time and in line with any agreed Terms of Reference
- Identifying in-house and external training capability, and providing training needs to develop existing team capability, including the development of training packs and competency assessment tests
- Ensuring core operating processes are identified and that desk manuals and operating guides are completed for these processes
- Have demonstrable leadership skills
- Be proficient at working across all levels in an organisation
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build effective working relationships
- Have excellent people management skills
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be proficient in IT, particularly Microsoft Office - Outlook and Excel
- Have the proven ability to maintain high standards of decision making in a fast-paced changeable environment
- Live within a commutable distance away (45 minutes)
- Understanding of the transport industry (desirable)