I am working with a with a recognised Actuarial, Pensions and Investment consultancy who are currently looking to add a Investment Consultant (modelling focus) to their team in London.
Their investment consulting department is very well known and very highly respected within the industry. They advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count a significant share of the FTSE 100 companies receiving advice from across our business.
If you desire to be part of a client and people focused organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well known industry professionals are the rule, not the exception and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then I would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have the ability to undertake most of the following:
Technical skills/Candidate requirements - Modelling
* Experience of asset liability modelling and its application to providing strategic investment advice to DB (and DC) pension schemes, and is enthusiastic for a role where modelling plays a large part
* Has experience of design / development of such models, and dealing with internal and external stakeholders' requirements to deliver functionality that will be used across the Investment department and externally
* Understands the workings of stochastic models (including monte carlo simulation models)
* Strong communicator, particularly in relation to complex concepts relating to modelling as it applies to pension schemes, being expected to explain such concepts internally and to sophisticated clients
* Very technically proficient - in particular strong Excel skills
An understanding of programming languages (C#, VBA) would be desirable but not essential
Technical skills/Candidate requirements - Consulting
* Identifying suitable investment structures to implement strategies, taking into account individual client's circumstances and preferences
* Conducting investment manager research and formulating views on investment managers' capabilities
* Conducting investment manager selection exercises, leading clients to reach decisions on managers
* Assessing investment management agreements and negotiating terms with investment management providers
* Agreeing the basis of and overseeing transfers of assets between investment managers
* Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of market practice and legislation
* Undertaking performance and risk assessment of portfolios
* Presenting the different investment requirements of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes, including AVCs, and suitable investment options
What qualifications, skills, and experience are they looking for?
* Qualified FIA, FFA or CFA; or;
* Demonstrable experience in a similar role/team within the UK investment consulting sector
For your hard work in this role you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, excellent benefits package.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.