We are currently partnering with a chemical manufacturing business in there search for a inventory Controller to grow along side the business.
About the role
Key activities of the role will be to ensure that all materials stored at the Liverpool facility is managed and controlled effectively and accurately as well as a hands on approach to maintaining and developing inventory processes and KPIs. The role holder will also assist and escalate any WIP variance investigations.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ensure business SHEQ standards are adhered to, utilising risk assessments, safe systems of work and standard operating procedures for all activities
- Support the business by completing compliance checks, cycle counts and internal audit activities for the department/function
- Provide resolution of all inventory and location management issues arising out of any transaction errors, Interface errors, count errors, etc. and provide effective communication across the site to identify issues for corrective and preventative action, in order to meet inventory accuracy and efficiency targets
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of stocks through cycle counts and management of related KPIs, driving targets and performance to ensure we deliver on time and in full
- Manage sales force cases assigned for the material queue in collaboration with the Liverpool Site Materials and Supply Chain teams
- Analyse financial reporting and monthly stock audits ensuring adequate safety stocks are in place
- The role holder will have similar relevant experience within the chemical manufacturing industry and hold significant Inventory and Warehouse experience. You will have an understanding of modern manufacturing methods, such as Lean and 6s and a green belt qualification or a desire to develop in this area would be advantageous.
- You will be competent in ERP systems such as Oracle (preferred), SAP or other similar systems. You will have exceptional people skills, with the ability to communicate, engage, influence, coach and motivate the team. Knowledge of ISO9001 would be advantageous. You will have a customer centric approach and must be able to demonstrate an ability to improve efficiency with robust analysis and controls.
What you can expect
- As a talented individual working at My Client you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few!