Working as an international carrier manager in West Kent, you will be responsible for;
- Manage domestic and foreign hauliers, customs clearance agents, consolidators and other logistics providers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with logistics and storage providers, and negotiate supplier contracts and credit terms.
- Work closely with the other operational teams across the business to ensure that our delivery performance is always improving.
- Track stock movements across the business - ensuring up to date records of all inventory and raw materials.
- Devise ways to optimise inventory control, avoiding any insufficiencies or excessive surplus stock.
- Work closely with the Sales teams to forecast stock requirements
The succesful candidate will have;
- Significant experience in successful management of logistics and ideally experience working with/for an alcohol production business
- Excellent understanding of the compliance rules and regulations that apply to the movement of product.
- Experience of working within a bonded environment and of dealing with HMRC
- Knowledge of national and international import/export legislation, with proficiency in all related paperwork
- Comprehensive knowledge of EMCS, CHIEF and associated documents
- Full understanding of the process of obtaining an MGN for under bond shipments
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.