My client, a market leading logistics company based in Herefordshire, are seeking an immediately available HR Manager for a 5 month fixed-term contract. The company has recently experienced substantial growth which is set to continue over the next couple of months during their peak period.
The HR Manager will be based at the distribution centre with the operations team as their core client group. Working alongside another HR Manager and HR BP the headcount for the operation is c500 and set to increase to over a 1000 over the next couple of months during their peak period.
This is a generalist HR role where you will work closely with the recruitment team to assist with peak hiring needs. You will be responsible for managing a number of agencies some of which are site based. You will need to design, develop and run assessment centres to obtain the best talent within the local area. The HR Manager will also be responsible for leading on site ER issues which will include lateness, absence, theft and dismissals. You will be required to coach and develop line managers on dealing with ER issues whilst being a point of escalation for them.
Key skills required:
* Develop people plans that directly support the achievement of business goals
* Ensure there is a people plan for each area, focusing on key business projects / initiatives
* Utilise HR functions to support the delivery of business projects / initiatives pulling on expertise as and when required
* Use management information, HR stats and feedback to identify opportunities to improve business performance, incorporating action plans into people planning document
* Participate in / lead working parties / projects that support the delivery of HR initiatives
* Build honest, open and challenging business relationships which can be leveraged to make things happen whilst maintaining an independent position.
* Coach, support, mentor and challenge managers in the application of HR Policies and practices, provide advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimise risk.
* Communicate new Company policies, procedures and initiatives within the Business ensuring implementation and understanding.
Talent Management / Succession Planning
* Support senior team to actively manage the careers of their people utilising people review tools and L&D solutions
* Regularly map population using talent matrix, ensuring individuals managed appropriately based on matrix position
* Actively develop internal talent pipeline
* Work with Resourcing to anticipate sourcing needs based on business planning processes, highlighting business critical roles and roles without internal successors
* Utilise L&D resources to support succession planning by supporting and promoting L&D programmes whilst also utilising team to put together bespoke programmes for individuals
* Support to deliver the completion of the annual review process
* Support to deliver and manage the annual Staff Survey, staff forums and associated activities
* Updating, reviewing of benefits package
The ideal candidate will have previous HR experience within either a logistics/distribution or retail environment. You will need to be happy to working within a hands-on HR role, confident working with metrics and able to report statistics and Continuous Improvement suggestions to the wider business.
Please get in touch with Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the role.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age