One of the UK's largest investment businesses, steeped in history is looking for an Interim Accounts Payable Manager to cover a long-term period of absence for a minimum of 3 to 6 months. The business is approaching year-end and work will be transferred to Liverpool from a recent acquisition they have made.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of a high volume accounts payable team of 6
- Management of higher value and complex supplier accounts
- Development and evaluation of staff
- Improvement of processes and efficiencies
- Review of mileage claims to ensure accuracy
- Production of accurate statistics and aged balances
- Review of direct debits payments
- Development of system controls, policies and procedures to manage costs
- Transferral of the accounts payable function to Liverpool from a recent acquisition
- Act as a business partner to the Operational teams to prepare budgets and review expenses
Experience & Skills Required:
- Experienced, hands-on Accounts Payable Manager ideally with a large company background
- Proven experience of managing a team in a high volume environment
- Sound experience and knowledge of controls, policy and procedure with Accounts Payable
- Qualified, Part Qualified Accountant or Qualified by Experience
As Accounts Payable Manager, you will enjoy working in a hands-one role whilst managing, leading and developing your team. You will ensure all deadlines are met and procedures are followed. You will also have the opportunity to improve any processes as your ideas and suggested will be welcomed. You will business partner with the operational and finance teams who work collaboratively across the business. You will also enjoy a long-term interim contract up until May/June 2019 at the very least.
You will also receive a very competitive salary and a great range of benefits including a pension with up to 10% employer contribution.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age