Search Consultancy Ltd is currently looking for Initial Screening and Contact Officers to work for a Local Authority in the Worcestershire area. This position is on a contract basis starting as soon as possible for around 3 to 6 months but may well go on much longer.
Salary: between £9.33 and £11.93
Purpose of job:
To be the main point of contact for members of the public and professionals, offering clear and sound advice, signposting, screening and able to direct contacts to the right service to meet the individual needs of the child and family.
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
* Screen contacts from the public and professionals, confidently and constructively challenge and deliver difficult messages using complex pathways to forward contact/referral to appropriate service or provider
* Make initial decisions on level of need based on comprehensive knowledge of legislation and guidance and using basic risk assessment skills know when to escalate or seek further guidance to make these decisions in a consistent and timely way
* Interrogate a range of electronic systems in order to gain all relevant information and asking quality questions of professionals or agencies to enable effective decision making
* Maintain and update electronic systems in an accurate, concise and timely way
* Communicate effectively with range of customers, such members of the public, Head Teachers and GPs, using highly developed customer services to ensure responses are delivered in a timely and sensitive way
* The ability to resolve any arising disagreements and conflicts appropriately
* Comprehensively adopt the MASH ethos in order to collate and share information amongst partners
* Advise and signpost through an extensive and up to date knowledge of local, regional and national service provision.
* Provide support at multi-agency meetings to support a range of professionals within the triage system which considers highly sensitive information (domestic abuse, child sexual exploitation), interrogating information, updating systems, following up agreed actions and providing feedback to customers
* To accurately interrogate and summarise information held on electronic systems in order to efficiently and accurately complete Requests for Information from partner agencies within timescale
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age