Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
In House Property Lawyer - Commercial Underwriter
Highly competitive salary
Are you a Scottish or English qualified Real Estate Solicitor wanting a move away from the traditional private practice model or even just seeking a change or the chance to work in a commercial environment that utilises the skills and knowledge you have gained to date?
We might just have the role for you!
We have bee instructed by a leading global provider of title insurance and settlement services to find them an experienced property solicitor to deal with residential and commercial real estate transactions within commercial underwriting. Due to the company's on-going success they are seeking a high achiever to be involved in major property deals across the UK. You will have proven experience of handling acquisitions and disposals, landlord & tenant and development work, and the sale and acquisition of commercial sites for development purposes.
The role would suit a commercially astute and an outgoing individual who enjoys building solid working relationships through regular client contact with external parties such as Solicitors, In-House Legal Counsel, Brokers to Developers. You will also work closely with key internal stakeholders such as the sales, governance, compliance and claims teams from across the UK.
* Commercial Underwriter you will play a key role in driving business forward in the UK with a particular focus on Scotland, Northern Ireland and England
* Will involve underwriting high net worth commercial legal indemnity risks, negotiating and maximising business profitability by means of effective and flexible underwriting decision and techniques
* Negotiate and maximise business profitability by means of effective underwriting decisions and techniques with the goal of securing the transaction while appropriately managing risk
* Liaise with clients, solicitors and brokers in relation to insurance policies and resolve policy queries
* Perform a range of duties such as underwriting the less straightforward risks, dealing with new enquiries and technical referrals, assisting with technical training and auditing, and the production and distribution of stats etc
* Will be given significant limits and authority on cases of technical complexity
* Expected to build strong relationships with clients, solicitors, brokers and business units plus assist the sales team in the development of these relationships through presentations, meetings and corporate events
* Appropriate underwriting and product training will be given
* Solicitor/qualified lawyer with at least 2 years PQE
* Detailed knowledge of Scottish residential and commercial property law.
* Proven Commercial Real Estate experience handling a broad range of property transactions.
* Dynamic, ambitious, business minded professional, with sound commercial acumen
* Ability to influence senior decision makers
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with a flair for negotiation and relationship building
* creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems
* Ability to effectively assess risk
* Independent and able to work on your own initiative while also having the ability to function effectively in a team environment
* Enthusiasm, drive and a positive working attitude with a strong desire to help grow the business
This is a great opportunity for an individual to develop a very successful career within an expanding global company where you will be well remunerated and looked after.
Please apply as directed or for further information and a confidential discussion please contact Andrew Inglis
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.