Import / Export Manager
£33,000 - £40,000
37 hours per week
We are looking for an Import/Export Manager to join a global shipping operation. The right person will have excellent people management skills, customer serviced focused and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Ensure department achieves recognised levels of productivity as related to operational functions and meets customer satisfaction.
- Review productivity on the team and align with appropriate headcount & team structure.
- Ensure operations are run within KPI parameters and develop/maintain relevant key performance indicator reporting tools.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of internal systems & services, as well as legislation & maritime regulations.
- Perform yearly appraisal with team members and complete quarterly 1-2-1 meetings to ensure employees are engaged with the business.
- Develop inter-departmental communication and work with Senior Management team.
- Develop close links with Head Office, Overseas Agencies, Suppliers and Customers.
- Attend regular off site meetings with customers for service review, and new customer integration.
- Maintain a flexible approach to Customer Requirements in order to aid agency growth.
- Ensure charge recovery and dispute management are prioritised.
- Produce Ad Hoc reporting and investigation for Senior Management.
- Regular review of process and procedures and implementation of improvement strategies.
- Develop Team Leaders, and ensure their focus on developing their direct reports, as part of an ongoing talent management and succession strategy.
- Effectively communicate change and business updates to the organisation.
- Ensure all policies within the employee handbook are followed and employees are managed effectively to foster a conducive and healthy work environment.
- Handle customer complaints and develop/support team members in how to handle for future situations. Certain issues/problem solving will be required to be completed by Management level dependant on risk/vale of costs involved.
- Lead and manage strategic projects to support the growth and development of the business.
- All customer requirements are conveyed professionally and in a timely manner
- Queries are checked on Day 1 for resolution by Day 5 (working days)
- Carrier haulage am/pm split to be managed and ensure team are aware of the requirements.
- Ensure customers are offered deliveries within Day 1 for Day 3 cut off, and if possible Day 1 For Day 2
- Late invoicing procedure to be followed when required
- Unrecoverable costs to be kept to a minimum and managed with individuals.
- Bookings turnaround time to be completed within 4 hours of receipt of email.
- Call Closures to be closed within 5 days of vessel sailing.
- Invoices to be issued within 5 working days of sailing
- VGM reports to be completed monthly to ensure charges are raised per voyage.
- Customer Service booking accuracy to be monitored on a weekly basis and errors reviewed with individual.
- Conversant with Containerships & External Port Systems.
- Thorough knowledge of Shipping process, procedures, rules & regulations
- Ability to delegate and empower employees, whilst balancing the need to support and coach when assistance is required.
- Computer literate and capable of producing reports and analysis of data.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent - Minimum of grade C in English and Mathematics (Essential)
- Degree in Business/Management or relevant experience at equivalent level (Essential)
- Course in shipping - NVQ or equivalent (Preferred
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.