HSSE Manager, Trafford Park - Manchester
Salary up to £45,000 p/annum, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, private medical cover.
I am currently looking for an experienced HSSE Manager for my client based on Trafford Park Manchester. To be considered for this role you will need to be an experienced HSSE professional, IOSH or NEBOSH qualified with a passion for the improvement of HSSE. You will need to have a wealth of experience within a dynamic manufacturing/environment, fully equipped with knowledge and experience of DSEAR, PUWER, CoSHH and CDM.
You will be working in a fast-paced and thriving environment, so excellent safety management and risk control skills are imperative. As an influential leader with a desire to make a real difference within the HSSE profession, you will need to be driven and will take pride in developing and coaching the organisation on the importance of HSSE, so confidence in this area is key.
The HSSE Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing Health & Safety advice and guidance specific to the business needs, and continuously advising on safe systems of work
- Ensuring that the company is proactive, up-to-date and compliant in regards to HSSE legislation
- Coordinating and managing the HSSE annual training budget, while, in coordination with the Training Officer, leading the implementation of the company's HSSE training, induction, toolbox and awareness programmes. This will include internal and external training for management, staff and third parties to ensure legal and procedural compliance, as well as improving the company's understanding, control and management of HSSE risks
- Implementing and maintaining ISO standard 45001 by 2020 and 14001 by 2021
- Managing the company's inherent HSSE risks while identifying other areas of risk and developing measures to reduce and control them
- Carrying out internal audits of the HSSE processes and measuring their performance
- Carrying out site inspections to ensure compliance with HSSE policies and procedures
- Carrying out specialised risk assessments and advising and training managers and engineers on general risk assessments, while ensuring that all risk assessment documentation is controlled and kept up-to-date
- Ensuring that the HSSE management system is correctly administered, including effective document control management
- Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required
- Communicating various HSSE findings to the management and assisting in the development of localised improvement plans
- Ensuring that managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment and providing the required management support and technical advice
- Managing HSSE legal obligations, including RIDDOR, claims, permit reviews and visits, or information requests from Local authorities and Health & Safety Executive, etc.
- Effectively managing and controlling asbestos on site to ensure the timely implementation of the asbestos management plan within budget
- Presenting a monthly PowerPoint report on HSSE to the board and updates on KPIs, key tasks, project progress and continual improvement as a part of the HR, Safety & Compliance review
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Must have previous experience in a similar HSSE role
- IOSH- or NEBOSH-qualified
- Experience (ideally implementing) and knowledge of ISO standards 14001
- Experience implementing new training procedures
- Worked in a fast-paced HSSE team within a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the management of asbestos, DSEAR, PUWER, CoSHH and CDM, etc.
- Knowledge of HSSE processes and legislation
- Qualified as a lead auditor
- Experience in creating and implementing RAMS
- Previous experience in implementing new procedures
- Level 5 or working towards in Managing Health & Safety or the equivalent
- Recognised qualification in Environmental Management would be advantageous
This is an immediate start for an established rapidly growing company, if you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for the role then please follow the link to submit your CV.
Search Consultancy are an employment business recruiting on behalf of their clients.